Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hamilton's Ribs No Better, May Find His Way To The DL

It's looking very likely that All-Star slugger Josh Hamilton will be making a trip onto the disabled list with a bruised left rib cage.

Hamilton was out of the starting the lineup again on Tuesday and will be examined this evening by Dr. Keith Meister, the Rangers team physician.

"I'm in extreme pain, no matter what I do," Hamilton said.

Hamilton initially hurt his ribs running into a wall last Tuesday in Toronto. He then reagravated the injury three games back in Baltimore and has started just three of the Rangers last six games, missing the last two.

Josh Hamilton has missed 3 of Texas' last 6 games with injured ribs.

"I probably need to rest it and let it heal," Hamilton said. "I've been battling through it the last four or five days. I tried it yesterday in batting practice and it didn't feel right."

The Rangers have yet to make a final decision regarding Hamilton but the DL is looking inevitable. Hamilton is still having trouble breathing.

"I can't do much of anything," Hamilton said. "I can't work out, I can't run, I can't swing, I can't throw. We'll see. All I know is I prayed about it and have peace about it. I'm going to do what I need to do to get it right."

No comments:

Post a Comment