Friday, December 4, 2009

Steve Buechele Named New Roughriders Skipper

Former Texas Rangers’ third baseman Steve Buechele has been named the new manager at Class AA Frisco Roughriders.

"This is something I really enjoy doing," Buechele said. "I had as much fun going to the ballpark this year as I did as a player. Being home with the family was great but the opportunity to manage opened my eyes to what people told me -- that I would end up being back in the game and enjoying it. I did."

Steve Buechele was recently named the new manager of the Frisco Roughriders.

In 2009, Buechele made his managing debut with Class A Bakersfield, leading the Blaze to a playoff berth. He replaces Mike Micucci, who will be the club’s roving field coordinator.

Drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 5th round of the 1982 amateur draft, Buechele played eight of his eleven seasons in the majors with the Rangers and was widely considered a gold glove caliber third baseman.

No comments:

Post a Comment