Monday, July 6, 2009

Hamilton Back, Davis Headed To Minors

The Rangers announced on Sunday that Josh Hamilton, coming off a 2-for-7 performance in a double-header in Oklahoma City, will be returning to the Rangers. Hamilton had abdominal surgery last month and was expected to miss another two weeks.

Hamilton has hit .148 (4-for-27) in six Minor League rehab games.

"He's been down there and played [six] ballgames," Washington said. "It was time for him to come help us out."

Hamilton returns to the lineup Monday night.

To make room for Hamilton on the roster, the Rangers have sent their much-maligned first baseman, Chris Davis, down to Oklahoma City.

Davis has struggled at the plate this season, hitting just .202 and striking out at the record pace of just over 44% of the time.

"What I'm doing is not working," Davis said. "It was definitely not the Chris Davis that they thought they were getting. They know how productive I can be and I haven't been that guy. We all know how this year has gone. It's no secret. It's good that I can clear my head, take my time, figure out what's going on and get back here.

"I want to go out, work my tail off, get squared away and get back up there. I want to be a part of this team."

2 comments:

  1. CHRIS, YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH (AND SO DOES YOUR BATTING AVERAGE). HERE'S SOME ADVICE FOR YOU. DO NOT EVER CALL YOURSELF ANYTHING EXCEPT "CHRIS DAVIS." FIRST PERSON IS OVERRATED. BE PROUD ENOUGH TO TELL ALL THE HATERS EXACTLY WHO "I" IS. ARE. AM. GRAB IT. LOVE IT. HIT SOME BASEBALLS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost of Dickie Thon...

    You'll be happy to know that since being sent down to AAA, Chris Davis has indeed been hitting some baseballs.

    ReplyDelete